Sunday 2 October 2011

Ciaté Paint Pots

Ciaté was created by Celebrity Nail Technician, Charlotte Straughan. Her vision was to make professional salon quality polishes and hand/nail care available and affordable to the public. After starting in 2009, Ciaté has grown more sophisticated, not only with their feminine packaging but with their unique formulas and range of on trend colours.

I first heard of Ciaté Paint Pots when watching reviews of July's Glossybox and everyone had received different colours from reds right through to yellows. I had to have one, so i nipped over to their website and was slightly shocked when I saw the prices as the paint pots range from between £7 to £9 each! Now although some people may argue that this isn't that expensive, especially as you're getting salon quality...I still didn't want to spend that much on something i'd never tried before.

So instead I decided to head over to ebay.

I searched through pages of paint pots and eventually found the one I fell in love with. After waiting four days to make a bid on the pot, I managed to grab 'My Fair Lady'for just £3.49 (including postage) which I thought was a complete bargain.



Tuesday evening I used the polish and my first impressions were really positive. The pot was exactly how i'd imagined, the packaging was amazingly cute and the colour was spot on. I prepped my nails using The Body Shop cuticle pen and Barry M clear basecoat, then started painting. I must admit, it did take three to four coats to get the colour I really wanted and a topcoat to add shine.

Five days later, after moving furniture at work and doing the housework, I only have one chip in the polish which is at the side of my nail. I'm so impressed by everything this polish has offered so far. The packaging is amazing, the colour is gorgeous and it lasts like no polish i've ever used before.


Although I think the price is a little more than i'd normally pay, I do believe these paint pots are 100% worth it and would recommend them to anyone. I have also just bought a Ciaté basecoat on ebay, so i'll update you all on whether that makes a difference to the finish/overall colour.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment