Monday 28 November 2011

Review: MAC pink products!

Hello all!

I was very lucky to receive a MAC voucher last Christmas that I've only just got round to using it (god knows how I made it last so long) so after a silly amount of time debating, I bought these two products. Somehow I've managed to follow a little bit of a pink theme.. hope you like!

MAC Lipstick 'Please Me' // MAC Eyeshadow 'Star Violet'
Firstly, the eyeshadow was £11.50 and as I'm sure you're aware, you can get these in a huuuge variety of shades to drool over - you can see them all here. MAC are known for providing blendable and well-pigmented shadows, so I had no doubt this would be worth the pennies. 'Star Violet' is Veluxe Pearl shade, which is essentially slap bang in the middle of matte and shimmer, providing a lovely shimmer but no Christmas tinsel eyes! The above picture highlights the pink in the shadow a little more, but as you can see from the swatch (below) this shadow is more burgundy/plum with pink as an undertone. Fab for me with green peepers, but I reckon this would look fab on most eyes. I've worn this a few times and have found it easy to apply and long-lasting.. thumbs up!

MAC Eyeshadow - 'Star Violet'
As for the lipstick, this was my first ever from MAC and blimey, did it take me long to decide! Their selection is extremely huge, and I toyed with winter plums and nudes until finding a great middle ground here for £13.50. As someone who's new to the lippie game, I'd recommend this shade if you fancy a pop but with little responsibility to keep having to touch up, or a 10 minute session just trying to get it on right. The first thing that struck me was how easy it was to apply, no feathering or mess at all. 'Please Me' is a matte shade though, so if you're a fan of glossy lips you might have to pop a little gloss over the top. MAC describe this shade as "rosy-tinted pink" which I agree with, but it does lean slightly towards barbie pink so if you're shy, try using your finger to apply rather than directly from the stick, as the pigment on this is strong!


What's your favourite MAC lipstick? I think I'll be repurchasing because I'm really impressed with these, give me some ideas ladies! :)

Hope you're all having a great week.
Colly xx

6 comments:

  1. very pretty colour! :)

    I'm doing a giveaway on my blog, check it out! :)

    chiclookxo.blogspot.com

    -ariel* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore MAC's lustre lipsticks because they feel very moisturizing :) Especially Oh Oh Oh, Viva glam V and Hug me :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shade of the eye shadow!

    My favourite mac lipstick is Lovelorn, its similar to Please me but a bit lighter.

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your suggestions, will be making a big list to ponder over next time I purchase :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i reallly like this post that you did, i was thinking oof buying some new lipstick myself but i wasnt sure what brand to go for, anyway i really like your blog it is sooo good and very inspirationalxx
    please could you just take 1 minute to take a loook at my blogxx
    trueidentities.blogspot.com (and could you honestly tell me what you think of it)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog and lovely post - now following! :)

    Absolutely love that lipstick! :)

    please check out my blog:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete