Wednesday 15 February 2012

What size are you?

Hi everyone :]

I'm trying to get back into blogging more often, so apologies if you see more of me ^_^



On Sunday I was reading the Daily Mail (groan, groan) and a certain article caught my eye, which you can read here!

For those of you who don't fancy reading it, it's introducing a new website, http://sizes.darkgreener.com/ which should have happened ages ago. You simply enter your bust, waist and hip measurements and it'll tell you what size you are in which stores! This is so amazing, as it now means I can shop online and feel confident that the clothes I buy will fit me.

Example of the site. Black line - meaurements / Blue line - shops measurements.
Above i've popped an example of what the site looks like. It's so simple, yet a brilliant idea!

As you'll see and most likely know, not all shops have the same sizing. For example, in H&M I could be a size 16, yet i'm an 18 in Dorothy Perkins.

I wasn't sure that i'd take all shapes into consideration at first but from the image above, it gives you an idea of what size dress, shirt, skirt or trouser you should be in each shop.

I know this will help me with my future online shopping so i'm going to test it out :]

What are your thoughts on this?

xxxx

8 comments:

  1. I'm gonna take note of this! This is very useful. Thanks for posting! :))

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing find, I've got to bookmark it. The amount of times I had to take three different sizes into the changing room with me, not to mention the impossibility of online shopping... seems like it will no longer be a problem.

    beautifulsmudges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds brilliant! I'm a size 18 in Dorothy Perkins as well, i didn't know it would be different in H&M!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a lucky find, to be honest! I think different shops just use different measurements in their sizing, which is a pain especially if you're slightly larger (like me) or curvy! Glad you all found it useful though :] xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo helpful! Thank you so much for introducing it!! Why can's stores just have a standard universal size? Love your blog I am now a follower:) Stop by my page and follow back if you wish.

    <3 Marielley

    http://lusciousmarielley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish stores had one size, wouldn't that make life so much easier? I honestly thought they did until I started shopping online. Thank you for following! I shall go and take a peek at yours x

      Delete
  6. great post... I have the same problem with the size... and I have to say it depends pretty much on the cut of the clothes to decide if I will go for smaller or bigger size! like your blog! x Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh :] thank you! Oh yes, the cut is a biggy! I went into Dorothy Perkins the other day and had to go up a size in dresses and even then, it didn't fit over my chest. I'm not exactly massive in that area so no idea why they cut a dress like that! Thank you for following :] xx

      Delete